Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Failed to create System.Type in Siverlight 4.0 with WCF RIA, URI Issue while using Themes

I spent some time on the following error, It's worth to mention this. It is a misleading error.  :)

Failed to create System.Type in Siverlight 4.0 while using Themes

http://forums.silverlight.net/t/214032.aspx


If anybody runs into this issue, here are all of the references you will need to add when using a Theme from the Silverlight 4 Toolkit in a Silverlight 4 application.
System.Windows.Controls.Data.DataForm.Toolkit
System.Windows.Controls.Data.Toolkit
System.Windows.Controls.DataVisualization.Toolkit
System.Windows.Controls.Input
System.Windows.Controls.Input.Toolkit
System.Windows.Controls.Layout.Toolkit
System.Windows.Controls.Theming.BureauBlack
System.Windows.Controls.Theming.Toolkit
In my case, if I removed any of these references, I would either get build errors or I would get a runtime error similar to my original error.
The "BureauBlack" reference would change depending on which theme you are wanting to use.
Hopes this helps out anybody else who may run into this issue.


No comments:

Post a Comment